RESPONSIBILITY OF STUDENTS:
1. Students must obey and treat the driver with respect and courtesy. The driver has the same authority as a teacher in the classroom.
2. Students should be at their stop, ready to board when the bus arrives, as drivers can NOT wait for tardy students...Remember, other people are waiting. At dismissal, students are to go directly to their own bus.
3. Use of profane or vulgar language or gestures at any time is prohibited, as is written profanity.
4. Students must take their seat when boarding and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
5. Students should expect to sit three to a seat when necessary. If the driver has assigned seats, the student should sit in that seat.
6. Students should sit facing forward with feet on the floor and all backpacks or musical instruments under their seat or on their lap. These items are not to be placed in a seat or set in the aisles. Aisles must be left open at all times.
7. Students must not throw anything on or from the bus or extend any part of the body from open windows.
8. Students shall help keep the bus clean, sanitary and orderly.
9. No yelling, fighting, pushing, shoving, throwing objects or behaving in a rowdy manner.
10. Students shall not write on, marr, or deface the interior or exterior of the bus. Report any damage you may observe to the driver. Students responsible for doing any damage will pay for repairs.
11. Everyone MUST be quiet at all railroad crossings. Unnecessary or disturbing noises which may distract the driver should be avoided at all times for everyone’s safety.
12. Students may not go home with another student unless they ride the same bus and it is approved by the parents and the Transportation Department prior to that day. Any other situations or requests are reserved for emergencies ONLY.
13. Students should warn the driver of approaching danger if there is reason to believe the driver is not aware of the danger.
14. If you know your student will not be riding, let the driver know or call the office at 527-9680 so the driver does not wait needlessly.