Notice of school closing due to inclement weather or an emergency situation will be made at the earliest time possible. Announcement of school closings will be posted to the front page of the web. Or you can tune to TV channels 4, 6, 8, 13, or 17, listen to local radio station AM I-1430 or FM 92.7 or check http://www.cancellations.com/ before calling school.
When we have an emergency closing, many of our students don’t know what they should do or where to go. For us to provide our students with a safe departure in an emergency situation, it will be the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide us with the following:
1. Every child must know in advance where he/she should go when we close early because of an emergency. Parents, please review special instructions with your child throughout the school year.
2. If the above information is different from his/her normal daily routine, the teacher must have the information, in writing, in advance.
3. Phone lines must be kept open for emergency instructions for bus arrivals and updated weather information. Also, there is always the possibility the phone lines could not be working.
4. Avoid calling the school offices to see if the information you hear on your radio or TV is true. If you have any doubt about weather conditions, listen to your radio which will have the correct information as soon as we do.
5. Remember, in case of an emergency early closing, your child will be sent to the place he/she goes on a normal school day unless the teacher has written notification giving other directions.